To become a memberof Exsurge Christianitas it is necessary to participate, with the frequency established by the member (and in any case at least monthly), in at least one of its two proposals: the Watch Hour of the Holy Perpetual Rosary and the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament (Living Lamps ).
However, joining Exsurge Christianitas is also and above all on a spiritual level and it is therefore desirablethat it results in sharing an authentically Christian lifestyle and a certain program of interior life.
In particular, the members of Exsurge Christianitas clearly feel the call to lead a habitual life of sanctifying grace, thus striving to always do good and avoid evil (i.e. sin). In fact, in order to participate in the external spiritual battle in which we feel engaged, it is necessaryfirst of all to engage in the constant fight for one’s own inner perfection, avoiding any occasion of not only mortal but also intentional venial sin.
Therefore for the purposes of participation in the initiatives of Exsurge Christianitas, and even more for the very effectiveness of this work, the members will undertake, as far as possible, to follow a path, a program of lifethat includes those practices that the Wisdom of the Church has always recommended as nourishment for the soul and interior life and to live a holy life as good Catholic Christians. In particular, it is required to:
- Attending the Holy Mass as frequently as possible and approaching the Sacraments frequently, the source of sanctifying grace which is the necessary support in spiritual combat (first of all Holy Sacramental Communion, but it is advisable to do often during the day also the Holy . Spiritual communion);
- Confess frequently and in any case at least once a month;
- Taking care of, increasing and perfecting the life of prayer, in particular the recitation of the daily Holy Rosary, Eucharistic Adoration and devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, to St. Michael the Archangel and to the Guardian Angel;
- Practice spiritual meditation (mental prayer), if possible every day;
- Make use of sacramentals (for example, water and blessed or exorcised candles, miraculous medal, scapular, etc.) to drive out demonic forces;
- To love one’s neighbor in the sense of working for the salvation of souls by communicating God to them and leading them to the Truth, that is, to the only true Faith which is the Catholic Faith;
- Pray for the holy souls in Purgatoryand for their own good death;
- To take care, as far as possible and according to one’s state of life and abilities, study and spiritual formation (knowledge of the Magisterium and of the life and writings of the Saints and teachers of the faith) and apologetics (to account for one’s faith);
- Attend lovingly to your duties of state.
- Accept with a spirit of sacrifice and offering the sufferings of life that the Lord allows;
- Offer penances, sacrifices and mortificationsto respond to the call of the Immaculate Conception at Fatima to atone for one’s own sins and those of all humanity that offend God so much.
Finally, if possible, members of Exsurge Christianitaswill follow the following additional recommendations:
- They will be consecrated to Holy Maryaccording to the teachings of one of the greatest Marian saints such as St. Louis Maria Grignion de Montfort, St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe, etc.
- They will enthrone the Sacred Heart of Jesus in their family, exhibiting an image of the Sacred Heart in their home;
- They will have in their home a statue of the Madonna and San Michele, in front of which they will burn a blessed candle at least during prayer.